Save on the Joey Pouch Newborn Swaddle Bag Blanket and size 0-6 month Medium-weight 1.0 TOG Joey Newborn Swag Baby Sleeping Bag with this brilliant Swaddling Newborn Pack!
Perfect for the parent-to-be, the Bubbaroo Swaddling Newborn 2 Pack brings together the unique Joey Pouch swaddling bag blanket with the Newborn Joey baby sleeping bag to make one fabulous money-saving deal!
This swaddling newborn pack is suitable for babies from 0 to 6 months of age.
All Newborn packs include a Joey Pouch Swaddling Bag Blanket and a Medium-weight Newborn Joey baby sleeping bag (0-6 months).
Joey Pouch Info:
New from Bubbaroo in Australia, is the Joey Pouch range of swaddling bags. At last there is a product that allows you to swaddle your baby whilst avoiding all of the dangers of the traditional approach to swaddling. Bubbaroo have ditched the 'straitjacket' approach, in favour of full, unrestricted movement and fabric breathability.
With the Bubbaroo Joey Pouch, you don't have miles of fabric to keep on wrapping around your baby - just one wrap, pop and zip, and you're done. Your baby will be warm, comfortable and secure, and will remain so through night-time feeding and changing.
Very importantly, the Bubbaroo approach to swaddling leaves babies' legs free to kick and 'frog' - vital to normal hip and pelvis movement and development. In October 2013, the BBC ran an article on the dangers of over-tight, full body swaddling, where the baby's legs are effectively forced straight and all normal movement prevented.
Professor Nicholas Clarke, of Southampton University Hospital, expressed the view that this type of swaddling was damaging developing hips and leading to hip dysplasia. Prof. Clarke went on to say "In order to allow for healthy hip development, legs should be able to bend up and out at the hips. This position allows for natural development of the hip joints. The babies' legs should not be tightly wrapped in extension and pressed together."
Another danger of the traditional swaddling method, where the body, arms and legs are all fully wrapped, is that baby may overheat.
These critical points are both fully addressed by Bubbaroo - the innovative design of the swaddle creates a comforting environment for the baby without any restriction of movement, and Bubbaroo's Joey Pouch is made from fully breathable, TOG rated, 100% cotton waffle.
Sizing Information for Joey Pouch:
The Joey Pouch is designed for newborn babies
To fit length: up to 70cm / 27.5"
To fit weight: minimum 3.2kg / 7lbs, maximum 8kg / 17.6lbs
IMPORTANT: The Joey Pouch should not be used once baby is able to roll from their back to their front - switch to the Joey Swag Sleep Bag.
Key Points & Features of the Bubbaroo Joey Pouch:
• It allows baby to sleep in their natural position with the arms up, helping them to self-soothe and settle back to sleep.
• Encourages baby to sleep on their back, which is advised to reduce the risk of SIDS
• Beautiful, soft 100% cotton waffle and TOG rated to prevent overheating
• Easy night-time feeding without needing to unwrap baby
• Easy transition to a Joey Sway Bag baby sleeping bag
• Safer handling of wrapped baby
• Prevents the startle reflex and face scratching
• The Joey Pouch can be used in a car or pram
• Machine washable - please ensure the pouch is fully zipped before washing
Not sure how to swaddle? Watch Bubbaroo's helpful tutorial:
Joey Swag Info:
Put your baby safely to sleep with Bubbaroo’s Joey Swag Sleeping Bags.
Sleep time has never been this easy! Speaking from personal experience, a baby sleep bag transformed my life when I was given one for my baby son, who, up until that point, had shown no inclination to sleep for more than an hour at a time. The baby sleep bag changed his sleeping pattern completely and from that day on he slept through every night.
Of course, there's no guarantee that all babies will be affected in the same way, but the benefits of a sleep bag were immediately obvious to me! Here's a list of some of the great features and benefits of the Bubbaroo range of sleep bags:
- Transfer sleeping baby from car to house, or vice versa, without disturbing their sleep
- Easy to take on holiday, and provides baby with a familiar environment wherever you are
- Easy to use at home - baby can't kick his/her bedding off
- Machine washable - please always fully zip before washing
- May be tumble dried at low setting
- Medium-weight - Versatile - can be used all year round
- 1.0 TOG (BS8510:2009)
- 100% cotton outer & 100% knitted cotton jersey lining
- Low Fire Danger Rating (AS/NZ 1249)
• Please make sure when putting your baby or child in any one of our sleeping bags that you zip the zipper heads down to the bottom of the bag, so the child cannot access the zip. Do not let your baby or child suck on the zip or zipper heads.
• The Joey Swag should be used INSTEAD of blankets, duvets or other bedding. Do not add bedding on top.
• Check your baby's temperature when they're asleep by placing your hand on their chest to ensure that they are comfortably warm and not too hot.
Bubbaroo’s Joey Swag sleeping bags are a safe alternative to top sheets and blankets. Not only that, but they’re also highly functional and incredibly stylish - you won't find any gaudy designs in our swag sleeping bag range.
The Joey Swag sleeping bags are made from the highest quality fabrics and materials, such as YKK brand zips and YKK brand press-studs. A Joey Swag sleeping bag is likened to luxurious bedding for your child.
All Joey Swag sleeping bags are compatible with car seat and buggy harnesses.